Kangra is a beautiful district in Himachal Pradesh and is home to some of the most stunning places in the state. From snow-capped mountains to serene lakes, there is no shortage of places to explore in Kangra. In this blog post, we will share with you some of the best places to visit in Kangra. From popular tourist spots to lesser-known gems, we’ve got you covered. So whether you’re looking for a place to relax or an adventure, make sure to add these places to your list!
Table Of Content
- place to visit in kangra
- Historical Places in Kangra
- Natural Places in Kangra
- Religious Places in Kangra
- Cultural Places in Kangra
- How to reach Kangra?
- Best time to visit Kangra?
- Things to do in kangra
- What are the top attractions to visit in Kangra?
- What are the Tourist attractions to visit in Kangra?
- What to Consider When Planning in Kangra?
- How to Save Money on in kangra
- How can I customise in kangra package in himachal pardesh with Adotrip?
- How do I get to Kangra fort?
- How to buy Delhi to kangra Flight Ticket ?
- Delhi to kangra Flight Ticket Price
Best place to visit in kangra
Kangra is a beautiful district in the Indian state of Himachal Pradesh. The area is well known for its stunning scenery, with snow-capped mountains, green valleys and rushing rivers. There are plenty of great places to visit in Kangra, whether you’re looking for adventure or simply want to relax in the natural beauty of this part of the world.
One of the best places to visit in Kangra is Dharamsala, the district capital. Situated in the foothills of the Himalayas, Dharamsala offers spectacular views as well as a chance to experience Tibetan culture. Best place to visit in kangra There are many Tibetan refugee settlements in and around Dharamsala, so it’s easy to find authentic Tibetan cuisine and handicrafts. If you’re interested in Buddhist philosophy, you can also visit one of the many temples and monasteries in the area.
For something a little different, head to Palampur, a charming hill station set amidst tea plantations. Take a walk through the plantations and learn about how tea is grown and processed. You can also visit some of the local factories to see how tea is packaged for sale. In addition to tea, Palampur is also known for its woolen shawls, so be sure to pick up one as a souvenir!
If you’re looking for an adventure, Bir Billing is the place for you. This small town is situated at an altitude of 2200 meters and is
Historical Places in Kangra
Kangra is a picturesque town located in the Indian state of Himachal Pradesh. The town is situated in the foothills of the Dhauladhar range of the Himalayas and is known for its beautiful temples and historical monuments.
The Kangra Fort is one of the most popular tourist attractions in Kangra. The fort was built by the Rajput rulers of the area and has been witness to many battles over the centuries. The fort complex includes several temples, palaces, and gardens, making it a must-visit place for history lovers.
Chamunda Devi Temple:
The Chamunda Devi Temple is one of the most sacred temples in Kangra. The temple is dedicated to Goddess Chamunda, an incarnation of Goddess Kali, and attracts devotees from all over India. The temple complex also houses a number of smaller shrines and a large pond.
The Baijnath Temple is one of the oldest temples in India, dating back to the 13th century. The temple is dedicated to Lord Shiva and is known for its architectural beauty. The temple complex also includes a number of smaller shrines and a large pond.
Natural Places in Kangra
There are plenty of natural places to visit in Kangra. The Dhauladhar range provides a stunning backdrop to the town, and there are plenty of green spaces to explore. The Neugal Khad is a beautiful river that flows through the town, and there are several parks and gardens worth visiting.
If you’re looking for some breathtaking views, head to the Bir Billing paragliding site or take a hike up to Kareri Lake. For something a little different, check out the amazing rock formations at Gurudwara Shri Data Bandi Chor Sahib or visit the Hot Springs at Tattapani.
Religious Places in Kangra
Kangra is a beautiful district in the Indian state of Himachal Pradesh. The district is home to a number of ancient temples and religious sites, making it a popular destination for pilgrims and tourists alike.
Some of the most popular religious places in Kangra include the Brijeshwari Devi Temple, Chamunda Devi Temple, Jwalaji Temple, and Baijnath Temple. These temples are all located within close proximity to each other, making it easy to visit multiple sites in one day.
The Brijeshwari Devi Temple is one of the oldest temples in Kangra, and is dedicated to the goddess Brijeshwari. The Chamunda Devi Temple is another ancient temple that is dedicated to the goddess Chamunda, who is considered to be a powerful deity.
The Jwalaji Temple is located on top of a hill, and offers stunning views of the surrounding area. The Baijnath Temple is an important site for Hindus, as it is believed to be one of the 12 jyotirlingas (or pillars of light) that were created by Lord Shiva.
Cultural Places in Kangra
Kangra is home to a number of important cultural places, including the Jawalamukhi Temple, Brajeshwari Devi Temple, and Chamunda Devi Temple.
The Jawalamukhi Temple is one of the most important Hindu temples in India. It is dedicated to the goddess Jwalamukhi, who is believed to be the embodiment of all nine goddesses of Hinduism. The temple is a popular pilgrimage site for Hindus from all over India.
The Brajeshwari Devi Temple is another important Hindu temple in Kangra. It is dedicated to the goddess Brajeshwari, who is also known as the “Queen of the Universe”. The temple is considered to be one of the most sacred sites in Hinduism.
The Chamunda Devi Temple is one of the most popular tourist attractions in Kangra. It is dedicated to the goddess Chamunda, who is also known as the “Destroyer of Demons”. The temple attracts pilgrims from all over India and abroad.
How to reach Kangra?
To reach Kangra, the best option is to fly into Chandigarh Airport (IXC), which is located about 80 kilometers from Kangra. From there, you can either take a bus or rent a car to continue your journey. The drive from Chandigarh to Kangra takes approximately 2 hours.
If you’re coming from Delhi, the closest airport is Amritsar Airport (ATQ), located about 200 kilometers from Kangra. You can also take a train from Delhi to Pathankot Cantonment Railway Station, which is about 90 kilometers from Kangra. Again, from Pathankot you can either take a bus or rent a car for the remainder of the journey.
Best time to visit Kangra?
The best time to visit Kangra is in the summer months of June to September. The weather is warm and pleasant, making it ideal for exploring the town and its attractions. However, if you are looking to escape the heat, then the winter months of November to February are a good option. The temperatures during this time can drop below freezing, so be sure to pack your warm clothes!
Things to do in kangra
-Visit the Dhauladhar ranges
-Trek to Kareri Lake
-Visit the Bhagsunath Temple
-Explore the Dalai Lama Temple
-Take a dip in the Manikaran hot springs
-Visit the Chamunda Devi temple
What are the top attractions to visit in Kangra?
Some of the top attractions to visit in Kangra are:
1. The War Memorial: The War Memorial is located in the town of Kangra and is dedicated to the soldiers who lost their lives in the line of duty. It is a beautiful monument and is worth a visit.
2. The Jwalaji Temple: The Jwalaji Temple is one of the most popular temples in Kangra and is situated on top of a hill. It is a very beautiful temple and offers stunning views of the surroundings.
3. The Vajreshwari Devi Temple: The Vajreshwari Devi Temple is another popular temple in Kangra and is known for its architectural beauty. It is also said to be one of the holiest temples in India.
4. The Baijnath Temple: The Baijnath Temple is one of the oldest temples in India and is situated in the town of Baijnath. It is a very beautiful temple and has some unique features that make it worth visiting.
5. The Kareri Lake: The Kareri Lake is a beautiful lake located in the Kareri village near Dharamsala. It is a popular spot for picnics and camping and offers stunning views of the surroundings.
What are the Tourist attractions to visit in Kangra?
Kangra is a blessed land with bewitching natural beauty and plenty of tourist attractions. The place has something for everyone whether you are looking for adventure or simply want to relax in the lap of nature. Here are some of the best places to visit in Kangra:
1. Nurpur Fort: A must-visit place in Kangra, Nurpur Fort was built by Raja Basu Dev in the 11th century. The fort is an excellent example of Sikh architecture and offers stunning views of the Dhauladhar range.
2. Brijeshwari Temple: One of the most popular temples in Himachal Pradesh, Brijeshwari temple is dedicated to Goddess Brijeshwari Devi. The temple is believed to date back to the 9th century and is a great place to learn about the local culture and religion.
3. Jawalamukhi Temple: Another popular temple in Kangra, Jawalamukhi temple is dedicated to Goddess Jawalamukhi, the deity of flame. The temple has a natural spring that is said to have therapeutic properties.
4. Chamunda Devi Temple: Located on top of a hill, Chamunda Devi temple offers stunning views of the valley below. The temple is dedicated to goddess Chamunda Devi and is one of the most sacred sites for Hindus in Kangra district.
What to Consider When Planning in Kangra?
If you’re planning a trip to Kangra, there are a few things you should keep in mind. Here are some tips to help you plan your perfect trip:
– Decide what type of traveler you are. Are you looking for a relaxing vacation or an adventure?
– Choose your travel dates wisely. The weather in Kangra can be quite extreme, so make sure to pick dates that will be comfortable for you.
– Research your accommodation options. There are a variety of hotels, resorts, and homestays available in Kangra. Choose one that best suits your needs and budget.
– Make a list of must-see attractions. From the ancient temples at Baijnath to the beautiful Dhauladhar mountains, there’s plenty to see and do in Kangra. Prioritize the places you really want to visit so you can make the most of your time here.
– Plan your meals ahead of time. There are many great restaurants in Kangra, but if you’re on a budget, it’s worth doing some research to find the best value for your money.
How to Save Money on in kangra
Kangra is a beautiful town located in the Indian state of Himachal Pradesh. It is known for its scenic views and serene atmosphere. If you are planning to visit Kangra, here are some tips on how to save money:
1. Look for discounts and deals: There are many online and offline travel portals that offer discounts on hotels and other tourist attractions in Kangra. Make sure to do some research before booking anything.
2. Travel during off-peak season: You can save a lot of money if you travel during the offseason. The rates of hotels and airlines are relatively lower during this time.
3. Stay in budget accommodation: There are plenty of options available when it comes to budget accommodation in Kangra. You can opt for hostels, guest houses, or even home stays.
4. Eat local food: Opting for local restaurants is a great way to save money while traveling. Not only is the food cheaper, but it is also more authentic and delicious.
5. Avoid shopping: Shopping is not a necessity when traveling, so avoid it if you want to save some money. If you must shop, look for souvenirs that can be found at local markets rather than expensive stores.
How can I customise in kangra package in himachal pardesh with Adotrip?
Kangra is a beautiful district in Himachal Pradesh that is known for its serene valleys, snow-capped mountains, and rushing rivers. The best way to explore Kangra is by opting for the kangra package offered by Adotrip. This package includes a number of activities and sightseeing options that will help you make the most of your time in Kangra.
One of the highlights of the kangra package is a visit to the Dhauladhar range. This range offers breathtaking views of the Himalayas and is a perfect place for those who love adventure. There are many trekking trails that wind through the Dhauladhar range, making it an ideal destination for trekkers and nature lovers alike.
The kangra package also includes a visit to Dalhousie, which is another beautiful town in Himachal Pradesh. Dalhousie is known for its colonial architecture and lush green surroundings. It is also a popular honeymoon destination, making it perfect for couples looking to escape the hustle and bustle of city life.
If you are interested in cultural experiences, then the kangra package also includes a visit to Bir Billing, which is home to some of the best paragliding sites in India. Bir Billing is also home to many monasteries, making it an ideal place to learn about Buddhist culture and history.
So, if you are looking for an unforgettable experience
How do I get to Kangra fort?
To reach Kangra Fort, one can either take a direct bus from Pathankot or take a train till Nagrota Surian and then undertake a 15 km road journey. The Kangra Mandir is situated 3 km from the fort. The best time to visit the fort is between October and February.
How to buy Delhi to kangra Flight Ticket ?
If you’re planning a trip to Kangra, Himachal Pradesh, one of the first things you’ll need to do is purchase a flight ticket. There are a few things to keep in mind when buying a Delhi to kangra Flight Ticket
-The best time to book a flight is typically 3-4 weeks in advance. This will help ensure that you get the best possible price.
-It’s also important to compare prices between different airlines. Sometimes, one airline will have a much better deal than another.
-When buying your ticket, be sure to check all of the details (dates, times, etc.) to make sure everything is correct. Once you’ve made your purchase, you can’t make changes!
following these simple tips should help you book a great flight at a reasonable price. Enjoy your trip!
Delhi to kangra Flight Ticket Price
The average Delhi to kangra Flight Ticket Price is Rs. 5,294. The prices for different airlines flying from Delhi to Kangra are as follows:
Air India: Rs. NA
Jet Airways: Rs. NA
IndiGo: Rs. NA
Vistara: Rs. NA
SpiceJet: Rs. NA
The best time to visit Kangra is between October and March when the weather is cool and pleasant. Delhi to kangra Flight Ticket Price
The Kangra district in Himachal Pradesh is a stunning place to visit and offers visitors a wonderful array of activities. From exploring ancient temples, going on thrilling treks, shopping for handmade souvenirs and experiencing the vibrant culture of the region, one can be sure that their trip will be unforgettable. Whether you are looking for an adventurous getaway or something more peaceful, there’s something for everyone in this beautiful part of India. So if you’re planning your next holiday destination in Himachal Pradesh, make sure to put Kangra at the top of your list!