If you’re looking for a truly unique vacation experience, Kangra is the place to go. This Indian district in Himachal Pradesh provides visitors with an array of activities sure to please all interests. From historical sites and ancient monuments to stunning nature and adventure parks, there is something here for everyone. In this blog post, we will explore the many places to visit in Kangra, including tourist attractions, sightseeing spots, and activities to keep you entertained throughout your stay. So if you’re planning a trip soon, be sure to read on for some of the best places in Kangra!
Places to Visit in Kangra
Kangra is a town in the Indian state of Himachal Pradesh. It is the administrative headquarters of the Kangra district. It was formerly known as Nagarkot and Trigarta. Kangra is a popular tourist destination, with many places to visit and things to see. Best Places to visit in Kangra
Some of the top places to visit in Kangra include:
1. Dharamsala: Dharamsala is the seat of the Tibetan government in exile and home to His Holiness the Dalai Lama. It is a beautiful town set against the backdrop of the Himalayas and offers many interesting places to see and things to do.
2. McLeod Ganj: McLeod Ganj is a suburb of Dharamsala and home to a large Tibetan community. It is an interesting place to stroll around, with many Tibetan shops and restaurants, and also has some good trekking options nearby.
3. Palampur: Palampur is a scenic hill station in Kangra district, famous for its tea plantations and picturesque surroundings. There are several good trekking trails in the area, as well as some interesting temples and monasteries to visit.
4. Baijnath: Baijnath is a small town located in the Bagsirai Valley, famous for its ancient temple dedicated to Lord Shiva. The temple is said to date back to the 12th century and is one of the most important Shiva temples in North
Tourist Places in Kangra
Kangra is a beautiful district in the state of Himachal Pradesh. The district has many tourist places that are worth visiting. Some of the popular tourist places in Kangra are:
1. Dharamsala: Dharamsala is the main town in Kangra district and is also the headquarters of the Tibetan government-in-exile. The town is famous for its scenic beauty and Buddhist monasteries.
2. McLeod Ganj: McLeod Ganj is a suburb of Dharamsala and is home to many Tibetan refugees. The town has many Buddhist monasteries and temples which are worth visiting.
3. Palampur: Palampur is a small town situated in the foothills of the Himalayas. The town is famous for its tea gardens and there are many beautiful hiking trails in the vicinity.
4. Bir Billing: Bir Billing is a small village located in the upper reaches of Kangra district. The village is famous for adventure sports such as paragliding and trekking. Places to visit in Kangra
5. Chamba: Chamba is a small hill station situated on the banks of River Ravi. The town is known for its temples and miniature paintings.
Attractions in Kangra
Kangra is a beautiful town in the Indian state of Himachal Pradesh. It is situated in the foothills of the Himalayas and is known for its scenic beauty and Temples. Some of the popular tourist attractions in Kangra are:
-Bhagsunath Temple: Bhagsunath temple is one of the most popular temples in Kangra. It is situated at an altitude of 1760 meters and is dedicated to Lord Shiva. The temple has a natural spring which is believed to have healing properties.
-Dal Lake: Dal lake is a man-made lake situated near the town of Dharamsala. It is a popular picnic spot and is surrounded by pine trees.
-Kareri Lake: Kareri lake is a high altitude lake situated at an altitude of 2950 meters. It is a popular trekking destination and offers stunning views of the snow-capped Dhauladhar range.
-Triund: Triund is a picturesque meadow located at an altitude of 2827 meters. It offers breathtaking views of the snow-capped Himalayan range and is a popular camping site among tourists.
Sightseeing in Kangra
Kangra is a small town located in the northern state of Himachal Pradesh. It is situated at an altitude of 1,220 meters above sea level. The town is surrounded by snow-capped mountains and has a cool climate throughout the year. Kangra is known for its temples and monasteries. Places to visit in Kangra The most popular tourist attraction in Kangra is the Mata Vaishno Devi temple, which is one of the holiest Hindu shrines in India. Other popular tourist places include the Dharamsala Cricket Stadium, Kareri Lake, and the Nurpur Fort.
Top 6 places to visit in Kangra
1. Chamunda Devi Temple: The Chamunda Devi Temple is one of the most popular tourist attractions in Kangra. It is situated on the banks of the Baner River and is dedicated to the Hindu goddess Chamunda.
2. Jawalamukhi Temple: The Jawalamukhi Temple is another popular tourist destination in Kangra. It is situated on the foothills of the Himalayas and is dedicated to the Hindu goddess Jwalamukhi.
3. Brajeshwari Devi Temple: The Brajeshwari Devi Temple is one of the most revered temples in Kangra. It is situated on a hillock in the town ofBrajeshwar and is dedicated to the Hindu goddess Brajeshwari.
4. Baijnath Temple: The Baijnath Temple is a popular tourist destination in Kangra. It is situated on the banks of the River Beas and is dedicated to the Hindu god Shiva.
5. Chintpurni Temple: The Chintpurni Temple is one of the most popular tourist destinations in Kangra. It is situated on a hillock in the town ofChintpurni and is dedicated to the Hindu goddess Chintpurni.
6. Masroor Rock Cut Temples: The Masroor Rock Cut Temples are a group of fifteen rock-cut temples located in the village of Masroor, about 35 km
How to get around Kangra
The best way to get around Kangra is by car. There are a few public transportation options, but they are not very reliable. Taxis are readily available and reasonably priced. The roads in Kangra are generally in good condition, but can be narrow and winding in some areas. Drivers should be cautious when driving in rural areas, as there may be livestock on the road.
How to plan a Kangra trip?
When planning a trip to Kangra, there are a few things to keep in mind. First, decide what kind of trip you want to take. Are you interested in seeing the sights and sounds of the city, or exploring the countryside? Once you know your travel style, start researching where to stay and what activities to do.
If you’re looking for things to do in Kangra, consider visiting the following attractions:
– The Tibetan Monastery: A peaceful place of worship nestled in the mountains.
– The War Memorial: A moving tribute to those who lost their lives in battle.
– The Hot Springs: A relaxing way to spend an afternoon.
– The Ghanta Ghar clock tower: A Kangra landmark that chimes every hour.
When it comes to finding accommodation, there are many options available depending on your budget and preferences. From camping and hostels to luxury hotels, there’s something for everyone in Kangra.
Now that you know a little more about planning a trip to Kangra, start researching and booking your dream vacation today!
What to pack for a trip to Kangra
When packing for a trip to Kangra, be sure to pack plenty of layers. The weather in Kangra can be quite variable, so it’s important to be prepared for both warm and cold temperatures. A light jacket or sweater is always a good idea, even in the summer months. Don’t forget to pack comfortable walking shoes, as you’ll want to explore all the amazing sights that Kangra has to offer. Places to visit in Kangra And last but not least, don’t forget your camera! Kangra is home to some truly stunning scenery, so you’ll want to make sure you capture it all.
Is Kangra hilly area?
Yes, Kangra is a hilly area. The town of Kangra is located in the foothills of the Himalayan range and the Dhauladhar range. These ranges make up the northern border of India. The average elevation of Kangra is 1,650 meters (5,410 feet). The highest point in Kangra district is the summit of the Trilokinath temple, which has an elevation of 3,360 meters (11,020 feet).
When is the best time to visit Kangra?
The best time to visit Kangra is from October to March. This is when the weather is cool and pleasant, and the scenery is at its best. April and May are too hot, and June to September is monsoon season.
Which is better Kasauli or Kangra?
Kasauli is a small town in the Indian state of Himachal Pradesh. It is located in the Solan district, at an altitude of 1,900 metres (6,234 ft). The town is a popular tourist destination for its scenery and climate.
Kangra is a city in the Indian state of Himachal Pradesh. It is the administrative headquarters of the Kangra district. The city is also known as Nagarkot and Trilokpur. It is located on the banks of the Manair River, at an altitude of 1,457 metres (4,780 ft).
There are many factors to consider when deciding which destination is better for you. Some things to consider include:
-The weather: Kasauli has cooler weather than Kangra, making it more pleasant for tourists looking to escape the heat. However, Kangra can be more enjoyable during the winter months when Kasauli can be quite cold.
-The scenery: Both destinations offer stunning views, but Kasauli’s hill station setting may be more appealing to some tourists. Kangra’s cityscape can be interesting for those who enjoy urban exploring.
-The activities: Both destinations offer a variety of activities for tourists to enjoy. However, Kasauli may have more to offer in terms of hiking and outdoor activities while Kangra’s temples and museums may be more appealing to those interested in history and culture.
What are the 5 hill stations in Himachal?
The 5 hill stations in Himachal are Shimla, Manali, Kullu, Dalhousie, and Chamba. All of these destinations are situated in the picturesque Himalayan mountain range and offer breathtaking views of snow-capped peaks, pristine valleys, and gushing rivers. visitors can also enjoy a number of outdoor activities such as hiking, camping, skiing, and whitewater rafting.
How to Book New Delhi to Kangra Flight Ticket on Adotrip
When looking for a flight from New Delhi to Kangra, consider booking with Adotrip. Adotrip is an online travel agency that specializes in providing airfare to India. With Adotrip, you can book your flight ticket well in advance and save money on your trip.
To book a flight from New Delhi to Kangra with Adotrip, simply enter your travel dates and preferred airport into the search engine on their website. Delhi to Kangra flight ticket price Once you have found a flight that meets your needs, select the ‘Book Now’ option and fill out the required information. You will then be able to review your booking and make any necessary changes before confirming your purchase.
Adotrip offers a number of convenient payment options, so you can pay for your flight using the method that best suits you. Once your payment has been processed, you will receive a confirmation email with all of the details of your booking. It is important to note that changes or cancellations to your booking must be made directly with Adotrip; if you need to make any changes after you have booked your ticket, please contact their customer service team.
When is the cheapest time to fly from New Delhi to Kangra?
The cheapest time to fly from New Delhi to Kangra is in the summer months of June, July and August. The prices for flights during these months are significantly lower than the rest of the year. If you are planning a trip to Kangra during these months, it is important to book your flights well in advance in order to get the best possible price.
Can I get a direct flight from New Delhi Airport to Kangra Airport ?
Yes, there are direct flights from New Delhi Airport to Kangra Airport. The flight time is around 1 hour and 10 minutes. There are a few different airlines that offer this route, so be sure to check schedules and fares in advance.
How do I get my boarding pass for my New Delhi to Kangra flights
You can print your boarding pass for New Delhi to Kangra flights at the airport or online. To print your boarding pass at the airport, you will need to show your ID and boarding pass to the agent. Places to visit in Kangra To print your boarding pass online, you will need to log in to your account and click on the “Print Boarding Pass” button.
How much baggage can I carry for my New Delhi to Kangra flights
When it comes to travelling, everyone has different needs and preferences. Some people like to travel light, while others like to pack everything but the kitchen sink! Regardless of your personal travel style, it’s important to know the baggage restrictions of your chosen airline before you book your flight.
For flights from New Delhi to Kangra, most airlines allow each passenger to bring one carry-on bag and one checked bag. However, there are some important exceptions to keep in mind. For example, budget airlines often have more restrictive baggage policies than full-service carriers. And if you’re travelling with any special items (like musical instruments or sports equipment), you’ll need to check with your airline ahead of time to make sure they can be accommodated.
In general, carry-on bags should weigh no more than 10 kg and checked bags should weigh no more than 20 kg. If your bags are overweight or oversized, you may be charged additional fees by the airline. So it’s always a good idea to weigh and measure your luggage before heading to the airport.
We hope this information is helpful as you plan your next trip!